Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Margaret Mahy School Trip

 Hello my dear blog readers, on Thursday the 20th of May we had a school trip to Margaret Mahy Playground. After we got off the bus we had to go to our school teams. There were 4 teams: Rātā, Mānia, Kōhia and Korokio, I was in Korokio. There were 4 locations: the Playground, Feeding the Eels, Going on the waka and Victoria Square. The First Location we (all of Korokio) had to go to was the Margaret Mahy Playground. We did scavenger hunts and learned about all of the different things on the ark (the big circle around the playground).


My favourite part of the trip was the Waka because there was teamwork and I love teamwork. My friend and I got separated though BUT it was still really fun.


Something I learnt was that Female eels give birth to 1–20 million eggs.


The thing I found the most interesting was feeding the eels. The funny thing about that was that it missed the food and bit the spoon XD ( XD is a laughing face ).


This trip has helped me with my PBL because of all of the ideas that I got from all of the locations :) .


3 comments:

  1. Hello Natalia,
    I like how you explained the first activity really well. Maybe next time you could add more information about the other activites. It reminds me of when I used to go to the playground with my family when I was younger.
    - Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia,
    You did a really good blog post. I really liked the way you explained the four places that you went to at the start. My favourite part of the trip was the waka as well. I never new that female eels could give birth to 1 to 20 million eggs.
    Louka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalia,

    It seems like the school trip to town was a really exciting day. Teamwork is a very good skill to have, and some people find it hard, so good on you for enjoying it. I did not know that eels laid that many eggs! I wonder how many end up becoming full grown eels? Do you know? Maybe next time you good give us more information about the other activities you did.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post